Start a new topic

Adding an opening balance

I started using BeanBalance during my financial year, meaning I need to add my opening balance from my last YE accounts.

Can anyone advise how I do this?  I've got my YE accounts in front of me, with P&L and Balance sheet figures but not sure how this all fits in.  Once I've added that, I can see the real trial balance of my company YTD.  Until that's in, all the figures are not accurate.

Any ideas?

1 Comment

Anand, I am a new user and upon asking the the Support Team , the following was suggested which worked for me.

• Go to the Dashboard and click on the journals icon (which is just below the Dashboard heading 4th icon along)
  • At the top of the journals screen there is a box to enter the date bult leave that blank and instead tick the small box just along from that to indicate that the entries are opening balance items.  (You will need to ensure that these match the date on which you stated that Beanbalance accounts should start from when you set up the Company details under the Company icon/screen) 
  • You may find that there is no menu item to enter an opening bank balance in which case you will need to enter that via the banking screen. 

I trust this will help you on your way.

Login or Signup to post a comment